Thursday 1 May 2014

The World Cup of Fry-Ups


The premier league season isn’t even over, but I’m already looking forward to the summer. The 20th FIFA world cup in Brazil kicks off in 6 weeks and I cannot wait! I have my Panini sticker book and my wall chart is in the post. The world cup brings with it for many a sense of nostalgia of childhood and the great players of the past. For me, it is also the idea of countries from all corners of the globe coming together for a festival of football that excites me. And of course that distant dream of England winning and the national bank holiday that would surely be required afterwards.

But I’m not just a football fanatic now am I? I have decided to see if I can find a fry up or full breakfast from each country that has qualified for the finals (that is 32 by the way). I don’t even know if this is going to be possible, but where better than London to find such a diverse range of restaurants and cafes. I can’t think of many places – Manhattan, maybe?

I’m not sure how I’m going to get on, but I expect it will take me to bits of London I have been to before and introduce me to new foods and flavours. And I need your help – please let me know any recommendations or suggestions that you have! Will anything match up to the traditional Full English? Stay posted to see how I get on…..

No comments:

Post a Comment